two plastic spoons
2 c white glue
1 1/2 c water
1/3 c warm water
1 T Borax
containers or plastic baggies for storage
1. In one bowl, use a plastic spoon to mix together the glue and the water. Add two or three drops food coloring and mix completely.
2. In the second bowl, use another spoon to mix the 1/3 c warm water and Borax.
3. Add the Borax mixture to the glue mixture in the first bowl. The slime will quickly clump up.
4. Grab the clump with your hands (eww!) and squeeze out the excess water.
5. Divide the clump up into however many kiddos you have. Make sure the container is air tight because it will dry out. Wash the bowls with warm, soapy water and rinse well.
My kiddos love this!! Warning: it will stick to clothing. Our 5 year old decided to sit on his. *sigh* We already have one shirt soaking. I don't think it will be a hard task to get it out since the ingredients are water soluble.
Awesome facts that my children want me to share with you:
- it bounces.
- it makes bodily noises...a-hem...toots. They had some left over play-doh containers so they put it in those and pushed down in with their fingers...voila...interesting noises.