The measurements aren't real precise so you'll have to make it to "taste". The flavor and consistency sort of resembles a twice baked potato.
Ingredients you'll need are:
- Left-over smashed potatoes (or mashed if you don't like the skins)
- Cheese (we used cheddar, but you could use co-jack, pepper jack, or any other kind you like)
- Seasoning of some sort. We used a hickory burger seasoning. (pictured below)
- Toppings such as crumbled bacon, onions, chives, etc.
Picture courtesy of www.madeintheusa.com
What to do:
- Brush a thin layer of olive oil on a griddle or skillet and heat it up to 375 degrees
- Put a few mounds of smashed potatoes on the griddle
- Sprinkle on seasoning and stir around in the potatoes a little bit in their little pile to warm them
- Sprinkle on cheese and any other toppings that you desire
- Serve and enjoy!
* * *
Come visit our family on Instagram! http://www.instagram.com/oldhousehomestead